MEI Evolution; In-Line, Automated Wet Bench, High Throughput Modular Semiconductor Wet Processing System
The MEI Evolution series semiconductor and MEMs automated wet benches are in-line, configurable, automated, modular, linear batch immersion wet process systems made for high throughput at a low cost. They are designed for dry in and dry out batch wafer processing of multiple lots of wafers from 100mm to 300mm, with a Class 1 Environment. Custom configurations combine SECS/GEM interface capabilities, multi step processing, cascade or quick dump rinsing with optional chemical injections, maringoni drying and linear robotic transfer capabilities into a system that is tailored for your specific process needs. Ultrasonic and Megasonic tanks and baths are available.
Semiconductor, GaAs, solar cell, IC, Medical and MEMS Applications
MEI Evolution Auto Wet Bench Systems are suitable for a wide variety of cleaning, etching and stripping applications, including all substrate types used in semiconductor, GaAs, solar cell, IC, Medical and MEMS device manufacturing as well as parts cleaning applications. Configurability, up-time, yield, maintainability and throughput are the hallmarks of an MEI wet processing system.
Dry to Dry, High Throughput, Process Multiple Lots and Recipes Simultaneously
For production lines with many process steps and complex process sequences, the MEI Evolution series of wet processing systems is a very space and cost-effective solution. The MEI Evolution provides higher throughput, because it is able to process multiple lots and multiple recipes simultaneously, using the sophisticated process controls of MEI’s proprietary IDX Flexware Process Control Software. The Evolution is ideal for processes with hot phosphoric baths and other “lidded” process tanks, as it allows for gravity spiking of multiple chemistries, and provides a fully enclosed environment with HEPA filtration, which can result in better isolation of fumes, higher yield and lower facility exhaust requirements.
MEI’s Advanced Process controls provide the necessary stability of process conditions through closed loop monitoring/control using software recording of all key process variables. The result is a system capable of advanced cleaning and process monitoring capabilities required for critical process steps.
Evolution Automated Wet Processing System Options:
- 150mm, 200mm wafers
- SMIF and “open cassette” input options
- Class 1 Environment
- Ballroom and Bulkhead mounting
- Heater, chiller, dryer options
- Spiking, reclaim, lid, overflow weir, recirculation, filter, fill method, agitation, flush and drain options
- Megasonic or ultrasonic baths, chemical spiking, recirculation and filtration
- Heater (including solid state), chiller and dryer options
- Wafer carrier and queue pass-on cassette options
- HEPA filters to create a positive pressure environment
- SECS/GEM Interface Options
- Automatic bulk chemical system integration
- Integrated chemical spiking
- Automatic or manual doors
- Choice of materials, FM4910 (Halar, CPVC, PVDF) or polypropylene or stainless steel
- SEMI S2-0703 3rd party evaluation audits and FM certified systems
- UL listed electrical components (MEI makes UL listed Control Panels)
All of MEI’s Wet Benches, Wet Stations and Wet Processing Equipment Are:
- Flexible and Upgradeable
- Easy to Use and Well Controlled
- Production Ready
- Designed for Safety
- Maintenance Friendly
- More about our Features & Benefits and Design Process
Download our MEI-Evolution- Wet processing system brochure